How to Trust Christ as Your Lord and Savior
- You must repent of your sins. Acts 3:19 teaches "Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out". Repentance is more than feeling sorry for our sin. True repentance is turning away from our sin and to God through Jesus.
- Make a heart decision to put your faith in Jesus. Ephesians 2:8 teaches "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—"
- You must profess Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior. Romans 10:9-10 teaches "That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved."
- The following is a prayer provided as a guide to help you verbalize your desire. "Dear God, I know that Jesus is Your Son, and that He died on the cross and was raised from the dead. I know I have sinned and need forgiveness. I am willing to turn from my sin and receive Jesus as my Savior and Lord. Thank You for saving me. In Jesus' name. Amen." Your prayer does not have to be exactly like this one but should convey same true heart-felt conviction and desire.
- If you sincerely prayed this prayer, you can be assured you are saved and have eternal life. You are now a "born again" believer and child of God. Welcome to the family of God.