Sunbeam’s Children’s Choir
SUNDAYS DURING KID’S CLASSES
Good Hope’s Sunbeams Choir includes all children 3 years old – 2nd grade who are present during the weekly children’s worship program. Foundational Christian songs and basic music concepts are introduced by the Sunbeams choir director during a portion of the children’s regular Sunday worship time. The Sunbeams participate periodically in adult worship time and in children’s musicals. Special practices may be held on rare occasions for such special services if needed. No costs are involved except for an optional Sunbeams t-shirt for performances.
Email Melanie Johnson for more information
Why teach children to sing?
- Singing and music help children worship God and learn about Him.
- Singing is a lifelong musical activity at home, at school, at play, and at church.
- Singing is a way of telling others about Jesus.
- Singing helps children participate in and lead in worship.
- Singing helps express our feelings.
- The Bible tells us to sing. (Ephesians 5:19-20; Psalm 33:1; Psalm 68:4; Deuteronomy 31:19)