Good Hope is excited to begin its Music School with our pilot semester Fall 2022. Our goal is to provide quality music instruction in a Christian setting to our surrounding community. We hope to train individuals to develop their talents for use in in serving the Lord.
Currently, our school offers lessons for drums, guitar and brass instruments. We are hoping to add more instruments in the future. We serve children age 9 through adults. Specifically, we will teach:
- Beginner drums
- Beginner to intermediate trombone, French horn, baritone, tuba
- Beginner to advanced trumpet
- Beginner to intermediate guitar.
Our instructors all actively serve or have served in our music and worship ministry.
Fall 2022 Classes Run October 9 – November 20
Hallelujah! Praise God in his sanctuary. Praise him in his mighty expanse. Praise him for his powerful acts; praise him for his abundant greatness. Praise him with the blast of a ram’s horn; praise him with harp and lyre. Praise him with tambourine and dance; praise him with strings and flute. Praise him with resounding cymbals; praise him with clashing cymbals. Let everything that breathes praise the Lord.
Hallelujah! ~ Psalm 150: 1-6 CSB
Meet Our Instructors
Years Of Experience: 14
About Me: “I have been playing for church for over a year and I enjoy playing the guitar and bass too.”
Years Of Experience: 45
About Me: “I have been playing in the Praise team over 3 years. I used to teach guitar at a music store which helped pay for school. I also enjoy playing bass, and plink around on banjo and mandolin.”
Instruments: Trumpet, Cornet, Trombone, French Horn, Euphonium, Tuba
Years Of Experience: 45
About Me: “At various times, I have had the privilege of playing the trumpet (Solo, Duet, Trio, and Ensembles) in church services at a variety of churches. I have performed as a soloist, in Duets, Trios, and in Ensembles in church services. I also served as a part-time Minister of Music at a Baptist Church in Missouri for 15 years.”
How To Register
Registration Fee: $15/student/semester
Semester Rates: 6 lessons (30 minutes each) – $20/lesson + $15 registration fee. Total per semester = $135 paid in a per semester block. Scholarships may be available.
First-come, first served basis. Upon registration, both the instructor and the students are committed to the entire semester and the fees are required. Any early withdrawal from the semester does not release the student from the payment for the whole semester. Additional costs may be incurred by the student for music and supplies for lesson. These costs can be discussed with the instructors prior to registration if needed.
Register Using The Button Below
Guidelines For Students
- Please arrive on time. If you are late, extra time will not be added to your lesson time for the day or future lessons.
- Parents must remain in the building and in close proximity to the lesson room.
- Wear clothing appropriate for school.
- Have your music books, sheet music, etc., ready before the lesson begins.
- Have a pen or pencil and some paper available to write notes or to mark your music.
- No cell phone use during lessons.
- For the first lesson, please identify some goals you want to work toward during your lessons.
- Please contact the instructor if you are unable to attend a lesson in case of emergency or illness no less than 24 hours prior to the lesson. Make-up lessons will be offered for those who notify in this reasonable timeframe. If the lesson is canceled later than this, no make-up lesson will be offered. Students are allowed only one make-up lesson/semester.
- If inclement weather prevents travel for a lesson, the instructor will notify the student (or parent). A make-up lesson will be scheduled within the semester.
- If a teacher needs to miss a lesson, the teacher will contact the student (or parent) to arrange for another lesson time within that semester.
Music School Memory Verses
The following verses guide our mission principles of Good Hope Music School and will be used frequently by our instructors. Take some time to become familiar with these verses from the NIV Version.
- Ephesians 5:19-20 – “speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Psalm 95:1 – “Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.”
- Hebrews 2:12 – “He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.”
- Psalm 71:23 – “My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you – I whom you have delivered.”
- Psalm 105:2 – “Sing to him, sing praise to him; tell of all his wonderful acts.”
- Psalm 49:4 – “I will turn my ear to a proverb; with the harp I will expound my riddle:”
- Psalm 101:1 –“I will sing of your love and justice; to you, Lord, I will sing praise.”
- Psalm 150:1 – “Praise the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.”
- Colossians 3:16 – “Let the message of Christ dwell among your richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts.”
- Psalm 98:1 – “Sing to the Lord a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy are have worked salvation for him.”
- Psalm 135:3 – “Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant.”
- Psalm 57:7 – “My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.”
- 2 Chronicles 5:13 – “The trumpeters and musicians joined in unison to give praise and thanks to the Lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals and other instruments, the singers raised their voices in praise to the Lord and sang: “He is good; his love endures forever.””
- Psalm 40:3 – “He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear the Lord and put their trust in him.”
- Psalm 33:2-3 – “Praise the Lord with the harp; make music to him on the ten-stringed lyre. Sing to him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.”
Source: Adapted From: “Bible Verses About Music”