JOB DESCRIPTION: WORSHIP LEADER ASSISTANT
SUPERVISOR: Worship Leader
REPORTS TO: Personnel Team
WAGE/HOUR STATUS: Part time / Hourly
Primary Purpose: Work closely with the Worship Leader and entire staff to plan, coordinate, implement and evaluate a comprehensive music and worship ministries for all ages and corporate worship of the church which faithfully magnifies the greatness of God and His son Jesus Christ (Romans 3:23-26). Additional focus will be in the areas of oversight for the audio visual and technical needs for church worship activities. Serve as staff liaison for communications team.
Qualifications: Experience in leading and/or assistance in leading church worship services.
- Experience in areas involving the leading of a diverse worship team that facilitates the church’s mission of glorifying God and making Him known.
- Ability to meet people where they are at and to assess needs related to the Gospel.
- Excellent administrative, communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Canva (preferred but not required), Planning Center, Propresenter, Google docs, calendar, etc.
- Effective organization and interpersonal skills.
- Exhibits proficiency in instrumental skills and leading the band. Experience in leading choirs and vocal ensembles (preferred but not required).
Experience: Minimum of 1 year as a Worship Leader on a multi staff church team.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Leadership and Oversight – Supporting the Worship Leader
- Select music and plan services which are Scripturally based and theologically sound, celebratory, participatory, spiritual, and relevant.
- Direct music groups and congregational singing as appropriate and as needed/delegates accordingly.
- Supervise the work of other music leaders in the church such as keyboardists, instrumentalists, vocalists, and other music ministry/choir leaders and schedules as appropriate.
- Communicate, maintain and encourage lifestyle and ministry Scriptural standards for overall music ministry (per Music and Worship Covenant and Guidelines).
- Oversee audio visual team (sound, ProPresenter, cameras, lighting) and whatever is produced by that team for use in services (slides, videos, sound)-in conjunction with the Communications Director.
- Assist with music planning for special services such as weddings, funerals and other church gatherings and projects as appropriate and as needed.
- Oversee and guide ancillary teams directly connected to the music ministry such as drama, interpretive worship team, ensembles, etc. if needed.
- Ensure music/video copyright compliance (licenses, etc. …) in conjunction with the Communications Director.
- Attend staff meetings as needed.
- Maintain accountability for the music and worship philosophy and vision of each service by having open communication with the Senior Pastor and other team members to continually plan and improve services and worship plans.
- Work to develop and improve personal musical and worship-leading skills and those of others in the music and worship ministry through study and training such as seminars and conferences as appropriate and available.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Volunteers when leading worship.
Equipment Used: Copier, personal computer, audio-visual equipment, and cellphone.
- A close and growing relationship with our Lord that encourages others.
- Humble heart that willingly submits to church leadership.
- A desire for church unity, servanthood and faithfulness/perseverance in service
- Is theologically grounded and submits to the Truth of Scripture
- Submits to the Music and Worship Covenant as well as the Music and Worship Leadership Guidelines.
Working Conditions: Mental Demand/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
- Maintain emotional control under stress and can work with frequent interruptions.
- Maintain flexibility in work assignments with other staff and church members.
- Ability to set up/take down, relocate, and store ministry related items up to 15 lbs.
Prolonged use of computer.