Sports Ministry At Good Hope Baptist Church
Good Hope Sports is a ministry that teaches fundamental athletic skills, sportsmanship, and biblical truths to players and their families. Our mission is to provide a safe and welcoming environment for all children and their families to make friends, develop skills and learn how the power of God, through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, can have a positive impact on their lives and the lives of everyone around them.
Please take a click on the program(s) below to learn more how your child can participate in the Sports Ministry at Good Hope Baptist Church.
Kids Sports Camp: Fundamentals of Basketball & Soccer
JUNE 24 – JUNE 25, 2022
REGISTRATION ARE FULL AT THIS TIME. CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE PROGRAM OFFERINGS
For kids grades K-5, Sports Fundamentals for Kids is a sports camp designed for children to learn basic skills in basketball and soccer. If they already play this will help reinforce their skills. Their coaches for these sessions have played, coached, or both for many years and know how to teach the fundamentals needed for these sports. At the end of this camp, your child will have learned drills and activities they can use to improve their sports skills as they continue to practice at home and with friends.
Day 1 will consist of of a Kick Off event followed by the full Sports Camp on Day 2 where your child will learn basic fundamentals of each sport in the morning and play actual games that afternoon. It’ll be a blast!
Friday, June 24th • 630pm – 8pm.
- Event Kick-Off – This is a time to check-in and learn more about how the camp will operate. You’ll have an opportunity to meet our volunteers and mingle with other participants. We’ll also have a skill assessment, devotion time and refreshments.
Saturday, June 25th • 8am – 2pm
- 8am – 930am – Skills Session 1 (Basketball Training for Group 1, Soccer Training for Group 2)
- 930am – 11am – Skills Session 2 (Basketball Training for Group 2, Soccer Training for Group 1)
- 11am – 12pm – Lunch, Fellowship and Devotion Time
- 12pm – 1pm – Game Time (Basketball Game for Group 1, Soccer Game for Group 2)
- 1pm – 2pm – Game Time (Basketball Game for Group 2, Soccer Game for Group 1)
- 2pm – Departure