To provide access to Christian media for all ages.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Prepare budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submit to the Finance Team.
2) Be faithful in attendance and involvement in all ministries and aspects of church life.
3) Meet monthly or every other month (depending on need) to review donated books to keep in the library or to be donated to a local thrift store.
4) Help take the donated books that are not needed to a local thrift store.
5) Review of proposed new library materials for biblical accuracy. Seeks Senior Pastor and/or Elder review as necessary.
6) Maintains books that are in keeping with Good Hope’s theology. Seeks approval of Pastors and/or Elders as necessary.
7) Staffs the library to be open to church members/guests on Sundays after 10:30AM service and on Wednesday’s (by request only).
8) Enters books into the library computer system.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Knows the computer system for logging books into the library system.
2) Communicates information for the church to the communication team for advertising via slides/weekly newsletter/etc.
3) Teaches other members of the team how to check out books for church members.
4) Teaches other members of the team how to return books from a borrower to the library shelves.
5) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submit to the Finance Committee.