Are you passionate about supporting and encouraging new and expectant mothers during one of the most exciting yet challenging times of their lives? Join our ministry team and become part of a community that provides prayerful and practical support to all mothers within our church family. As a member of our team, you'll have the opportunity to serve as a prayer partner, following up with new and expectant mothers regularly to let them know you're praying for them throughout their pregnancy. You'll also have the chance to host baby showers for each new mother, celebrating the upcoming arrival of their bundle of joy with fun and fellowship. Our team fully supports all new and expectant mothers, attending all baby showers and coordinating the preparation and delivery of meals after the birth of a baby in the church. Join us today and help make a difference in the lives of new and expectant mothers in our church community!
Provides support, prayerfully and in other ways, to any new and expecting mother within the church.
Psalm 127:3 Behold, children are a gift of the Lord. The fruit of the womb is a reward.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Serve as prayer partners to new and expecting mothers.
2) Prayer Partners follow up with the mother monthly or so and let her know through text, email, card or however you choose to communicate that you are praying for her throughout the pregnancy.
3) About a month before each new mother is expected to deliver her baby, host a baby shower at Good Hope.
4) Fully supports all new and expectant mothers and attends all baby showers.
5) After the birth of a baby in the church, the team will coordinate preparation (or order) and deliver a meal to the new mother.
6) If you don’t cook, please give the new mother a meal via GrubHub or a gift card.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Prays for each New and Expectant Mother regularly.
2) Assigns a Prayer Partner to each New and Expectant Mother from the team.
3) Communicates with the individuals on the team about new mother’s updates such as prayer requests, baby showers, births and meal calendar or a meal via gift card or GrubHub.
4) Assists in baby showers and creating meal calendars for new mother’s.
5) Notifies team when baby is born.
6) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submit to the Finance Committee.