We Care Team Ministry members connect with those church members who no longer have the mobility to worship with the full church membership on a permanent basis; and may include elderly, homebound, nursing facility residents, and some under temporary medical restraint. Connectivity may include visits, phone calls, notes/cards, and other Acts of Kindness such as reading scripture, sharing our church activities, and prayer time.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
Team members are current members of Good Hope and approved by Church to serve in the We Care ministry for a one-year term September through August and may continue to serve from year to year if they so desire and approved to do so.
Team members will voluntarily connect with We Care persons as they feel led to do so, either by phone, visits, notes/cards, and may update person on church activities, read scripture, and pray.
Team members must be considerate of We Care persons schedules in regard to mealtime, clean up, mobility restraints, health conditions, and rest hours, etc. (all rules, must apply in regards to food restrictions, allergies, gifts and flowers, whether noted by family or Care Givers}.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Identify church members who no longer have mobility to attend worship with full church membership either due to age or health related restrictions, and will work with Deacons and Elders as We Care circumstances arise.
2) Contact family and/or caregiver(s) prior to placing any person on the Permanent We Care list.
3) Refrain from sharing confidentiality health information and living conditions unless given permission to do so either by family or caregiver and will notify team accordingly (Privacy, Security and Health Care Act may apply).
4) Assures connectivity with every person on Permanent We Care list (visits, phone calls, notes/cards, update on church activities, reading scripture and prayer and may attend funeral services.
5) Updates a private blog for We Care Team members offering prayers of encouragement, scripture, appreciation, We Care person’s birthdays, special occasions, health updates, family requests, death and service schedules, and may include Deacon and Elder input regarding We Care ministry.
1 Corinthians 15: v57. But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. v58. Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the Work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.