To assist church members concerning cemetery plots and to oversee maintenance of the cemetery grounds.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
- Make decisions regarding the eligibility of those seeking burial space. Burial fees ($1000) to be paid by approved non-member family members.
- Oversee the maintenance of the cemetery.
- Carry out bylaws of Good Hope Baptist Church Cemetery.
- Minimum of 3 active members.
- Any updates to the cemetery gets approved by committee.
- Mark graves off for funeral homes and meet with the gravediggers.
- Engage and manage grounds keeping company to address regular maintenance of the cemetery.
- Meet with the family if they don’t have a plot, meet with the headstone people.
- Be active church member at least 2 years.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
- Works with the Treasurer on the cemetery funds allocation and any money coming into the cemetery fund and the Bobby Pittard Endowment.