The team will provide leadership and guidance to the children’s ministry in the areas of programming, events, curriculum, and other ministry areas. The Children’s Ministry Team will lead the Children’s Ministry to be biblically based and gospel-centered within the context of a safe, secure, and relationship-driven environment for children and families.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Children’s Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
- The team includes the Children’s Pastor along with volunteers consisting of parents and GH Children’s Ministry volunteers.
- Each team member will be prepared to offer input in the planning and implementation of all GH Children’s Ministry events (including regularly scheduled ministry classes). The team member should draw on his/her unique perspective in relation to the GH Children’s Ministry.
- Each team member should be regularly serving in the GH Children’s Ministry, as well as involved with special events in the children’s ministry.
- Team members should be prepared to meet every other month, or more frequently as needed, to assess and discuss GH Children’s Ministry plans.
- Team members should work to properly share how God is working in the children’s ministry to the church family as a whole.
- Team members serve as a liaison between Good Hope Children’s Ministry and the church family as a whole. In addition, the team serves as a liaison between children’s ministry volunteers and children’s ministry leadership.
- Team members provide guidance and assistance to the Children’s Pastor.
- Team members are committed to regular prayer and receptive to the Holy Spirit’s leading in the children’s ministry.