GriefShare is a support group ministry comprised of team members who will walk alongside those grieving the human loss of a loved one. Death of a loved one is one of life’s most difficult experiences. During the 13-week sessions, individuals deeply hurt by the loss of a loved one will be guided to understand their loss and start the healing of grief. Throughout their time together, the importance of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ will be talked about as the foundation of healing. (Visit GriefShare.org for more information).
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
● Must have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.
● Must support the Bible as the inerrant Word of God.
● Must have experienced a loss of a loved one to fully know and relate to participants with compassion.
● Must have gone through a 13-week session of GriefShare at Good Hope or another church.
● Must be able to attend at least 10 of the 13 sessions per facilitator commitment.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Advertise upcoming GriefShare cycles (currently 13 weeks each) and special one-day grief seminars.
2) Coordinate the same information with Good Hope’s Communication team towards Good Hope’s website, social media, email, and before service and start of service announcements.
3) Meet to discuss upcoming session(s) and assignment of roles.
4) Contact each GriefShare participant as they register before each new cycle.
5) Pray, as a team, before each session. Present clear and purposeful opportunities, before each session ends, for non-believers to talk with team member(s) about questions regarding salvation. The goal is always to lead non-believing participants to relationship with Christ Jesus.
6) Contact participants weekly to encourage them and ask for prayer requests.
7) Encourage each participant throughout each session and cycle. Check on and encourage participants after each cycle ends.
8) Must have experience in a loss of a loved one. With that shared connection, you are able to encourage how good God is in times of grief and how merciful He is in comforting His children.
9) Turn receipts for session purchases in to Good Hope’s Finance Committee. Turn in to Finance Committee all money collected for workbook purchases.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Lead each team meeting.
2) Meet with GriefShare team to plan upcoming cycle(s). Discuss and assign specific roles. Pray and ask the Lord’s guidance in this, that individuals’ God given gifts and talents may be used well in each role.
3) Pray for and encourage team members and participants daily/weekly.
4) Update the prayer team on the prayer requests/needs from participants and GriefShare members.
5) Regular communicate prayer needs of the participants to the prayer team for the GriefShare ministry.
6) Work with team towards completion of each session and cycle.
7) Meet with Communications team whenever needed.
8) Accountable to God, Senior Pastor, and Elders of Good Hope Baptist Church. Also accountable to Church Initiative, which runs the GriefShare program.
9) Meet with Church Initiative leader assigned to Good Hope’s GriefShare group with questions or any issues which may arise.
10) Prepare and submit a budget to the Finance Team each fall.
11) Pray for and encourage team members and participants daily/weekly.
Assistant Team Leader Responsibilities
1) To assume the responsibilities of team leader if he or she is unavailable to lead a session.