We are seeking friendly and welcoming volunteers to join our Hospitality and Greeter team. As a team member, you will be the first point of contact for our visitors and members, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere for all who enter our doors. Your smile and positive attitude can make a significant impact on someone's worship experience. Join our team and help us greet our first-time guests, providing them with information about our small groups where their children and students can connect. You will also collect their contact information and offer them a gift as a token of our appreciation. This team serves every Sunday morning and at special events, and you can serve as often as your schedule allows. Contact: Mitch & Betty Petway at (email).
Ensure that all guests are welcomed and engaged as they enter the church for either small groups or worship services.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Serves one Sunday a month.
2) Members are stationed at the Welcome Desk at either 8:45 – 10:00 or 10:00 until the praise music ends.
3) Introduce themselves and start a conversation.
4) Members will collect contact information and give them a gift bag.
5) Members will make copies of information sheets as needed for the Church Secretary to enter info into the church database, etc.
6) On either Monday or Tuesday, the member will contact the guest by phone, email, or a note by mail to be sure they have a contact if there are any questions. If necessary, member can refer questions to the appropriate staff. Member will also need to send an email to the Secretary informing her that a contact has been made to guests.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Works with members to make a schedule-either the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th Sunday.
2) Chairperson will supply each member with the Schedule, a list of Team Members with contact information, and an updated list of procedures.
3) Chairperson will send members a reminder each week by email prior to the members scheduled assignment.
4) Chairperson will give contact information sheets to the Church Secretary. She will then distribute info to appropriate staff, Small Group leaders, Elder Chairman, etc. so that leaders can also make a contact to guests.
5) Order supplies for gift bags.
6) Prepares generic welcome notes for each gift bag.
7) Prepares gift bags for distribution each week as needed.
8) Works with the Finance/Stewardship Team for budget recommendations.