Good Hope will be an outwardly focused church serving and sharing the Gospel with our local community as well as throughout the world.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Preferred Qualities for Team Members
1) Exhibits the following spiritual gifts: encouragement, compassion, faith, helping, evangelism, administration, and leadership.
2) Has the ability to listen and communicate with people of all ages.
3) Receptive to new views and cultures of people.
4) Passionate for responding to the hurts and needs of people in our community and the world.
5) Eager to skillfully share the love of Jesus through the sharing of His Gospel.
6) Committed to Spirit-led ministry.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Ensures the missions ministry incorporates efforts locally, home (North American) as well as abroad.
2) Commits to praying for the lost who will be reached through the missions of Good Hope.
3) Provides a year-long schedule of mission plans (in conjunction with the Elders/Pastors) for a comprehensive ministry to involve all ages of the congregation.
4) The team will develop a year round program of mission education for all ages so the congregation will be better informed and strongly committed to supporting the mission of making disciples for the transformation of the world (in conjunction with the Elders/Pastors).
5) Intentionally trains, equips and sends missionaries from Good Hope to provide aid and spread the Gospel.
6) Targets, investigates and develops working relationships with specific mission organizations/resources locally, home (North American), and abroad. Example: targeted specific ministries might include: local: Durham Rescue Mission, With Love From Jesus, Christian Life Home (Pro-Life); praying for abortion clinics. Home: Baptist on Mission, Human Coalition (national pro-life), planning home mission trips; church planting. Abroad: AIM (Finny Matthews), International Mission Board; planning international mission trips.
7) Coordinates with the communication team (advertising), pastoral staff and elders to schedule and plan mission offerings and other events for the year.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Guide the work of the ministry team throughout the year, including planning the agendas, presiding over meetings, and managing an annual budget.
2) Informs the congregation of goals, plans, mission education and service opportunities.
3) Implements Good Hope’s vision for missions worldwide and discover opportunities for the congregation’s mission team.
4) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the missions’ team, and submit to the Finance Committee in October.