Get ready to spread your wings with The OWLS Ministry (Older Wiser Loving Seniors)! Our purpose is to provide spiritual, emotional, social, and physical support for our senior members. From Bingo to Trivia games, Gospel sings to luncheons, we offer plenty of opportunities for Christian fellowship. But that's not all – we also have plans for one or two-day trips away from the church, like going to the theater, enjoying Gospel sings and dinner, and more! Our ministry is open to all members of Good Hope Baptist Church and interested non-members, ages 62 and up, whether retired or still working, able or disabled, married or single. Come join us and let us help you soar in your walk with God!
The purpose of The OWLS Ministry is to help provide direction and support for the spiritual, emotional, social and physical well-being of our senior members.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
The team members are all volunteers, and include the chairperson and assistant chairperson, who are chosen each year. The chairperson is responsible for planning and scheduling all monthly events and coordinating with the church administrative assistant for availability of space. Any expenses for rooms and eating will be the responsibility of each individual. The church may assist with some travel expenses, like renting a van if needed.
1) Group activities like playing Bingo, Trivia games, Gospel sings, or luncheons at the church for Christian fellowship.
2) Plans for one day or two day trips away from the church, like going to a theater, gospel sings and dinner, if participation is worthy enough to seek doing so.
1) The OWLS Ministry will be available for members of Good Hope Baptist Church and any interested non-member.
2) The OWLS Ministry offers many opportunities for anyone 62 years of age or older, but not limited to this age. Members can include those who are working or retired – – able or disabled – – married or single, who wish to be strengthened and encouraged every day in their walk with God.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submits to the Finance Committee.
2) Coordinates the activities and planning accordingly and working with church administrative assistant on securing space and clean up following the event.