The efficient and effective work environment for all non-ministerial staff.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Facilitates the prayerful selection of non-ministerial staff positions at Good Hope Baptist Church as needed.
2) Consists of three church members serving a rotating three-year term with one year of sabbatical.
3) Meets quarterly or as need to provide guidance/recommendation on personnel matters for the non-ministerial staff.
4) Works collaboratively with Finance Team/Elders/Senior Pastor on compensation and benefits (if applicable) for non-ministerial staff.
5) Works collaboratively with Finance Team/Elders on benefits packet for all staff.
6) Recruits non-ministerial positions and submit recommended candidate to Elders/Senior Pastor for hire approval.
7) Responsible for the Employee Handbook which establishes and maintains a standard process for recruiting and overseeing potential paid staff with Senior Pastor and Elder input.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Works collaboratively with the team members to review, assess and update job descriptions of non-ministerial staff.
2) Works collaboratively with the team members to complete quarterly/annual reviews of non-ministerial staff and submit reviews to Elders/Senior Pastor or appropriate supervising staff member.
3) Reports and maintains an open line of communication to the Senior Pastor and Elders.