Ensures all technology, internet, local networks and phone systems are functional for church needs.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
Team includes one paid staff person and volunteers.
1) Proactively maintains, conceptualizes and purchases technology hardware as it relates to computers, internet, communications lines such as phones and assist with video equipment for closed circuit TV.
2) Responsible for ensuring that online and cloud-based services are setup and working properly.
3) Works with the Facilities Manager to assist with technology installation, issues, etc.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submits to the Finance Committee.
2) Maintain an updated schedule for software patches of networking and phone equipment.
3) Works with internet and phone service providers.
4) Assigns the main point of contact with phone and internet issues.
5) Reviews contracts for software, hardware and services.