Young adulthood is a unique time in life, full of challenges and opportunities. At Good Hope Baptist Church, our Young Adult Ministry is designed specifically for those aged 18-30. We understand the importance of social connections, so we offer multiple opportunities throughout the year for events like cookouts, hikes, beach retreats, and mission trips. These activities provide a casual atmosphere for building relationships and strengthening bonds outside of Bible study. Our leaders are deeply invested in each participant, intentionally engaging them on a personal level to provide guidance and support. If you're looking for a place to belong and grow during this exciting time of life, join us at the Young Adult Ministry at Good Hope Baptist Church!
This ministry is geared to focus on Young Adults generally in the ages of 18-30. Much grace has been exercised in the age breakoffs as we have found many young adults in those near but older ages who are looking for somewhere to connect and they are made welcome in this min-istry.
The primary aspect of this ministry is the mid-week ministry when the participants gather in the home of the ministry leaders (currently the Adams home) for a meal followed by an hour of in-depth bible study. While this ministry strives to establish and provide a sense of commu-nity among the participants, the primary ministry goal is to exalt Christ by directing their atten-tion to God through his written word. The ministry places a great emphasis on the truth of John 17:17, “Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.” The teaching endeavors to help participants see the truth of God’s word and his call on our lives as a light of truth opposing the secular influences that would have us conform to the world.
The ministry recognizes that one fundamental need for this age group is to make social con-nections. Therefore, we offer multiple opportunities throughout the year for events such as cookouts, hikes, beach retreats and mission opportunities so that the participants will be able to engage outside of bible study in a more casual way that might strengthen relationships.
The participants are challenged to serve and be involved in the body of Christ and the broader ministries of the church. For example, the Young Adults often go on Prayer Walks in nearby communities and apartment complexes. Young Adults are keen on spotting genuineness and that is what must be offered through this ministry. This is a seven-day-a-week ministry.
Accountable to: Senior Pastor, Elders, Church.
Team Roles and Responsibilities
1) Leaders are expected to be overtly intentional about engaging the young adult partici-pants on a very personal level.
2) These young adults begin to lean on its leaders like family and that is what the leader-ship should strive for.
3) Generally, the leadership team is broken into three primary roles: teaching, pray-er/communication and special event planning. These roles are primarily divided, but are certainly shared to varying degrees. The entire team is involved in planning events such as the retreats and social gatherings.
Responsibilities of the Chairperson
1) Prepares budget recommendations, in consultation with the appropriate staff, and submit to the Finance Committee.
2) Prepare weekly bible study.
3) Maintain a yearly calendar of events for planning purposes.
4) Ensure planning for scheduled events is initiated on an effective advance timeline.